Prep 2 hrs 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was found in Bon Appetit cookbook in dr's office..I just had to jot this down..sounds terrific...
- 1⁄4 cup blanched slivered almond
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container creme fraiche or 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 1⁄2 lbs pineapple, peeled, quartered lengthwise, cored
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, pkd
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For cake.preheat oven to 350*.butter and flour 9x5x3" metal loaf pan.
- finely grind almonds with flour, baking soda, and salt in food processor.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl, till blended.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just to blend.
- Stir in sour cream, lemon peel, and almond extract.
- Stir in flour mixture just until blended. Transfer batter to prepared pan, smooth top.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean. about 38 minutes.
- cool on rack 15 minutes, turn out cake.(This can be made one day ahead, cool completely, wrap in plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
- Rewarm unwrapped cake slightly in microwave.
- VANILLA CREAM.
- Whisk all ingredients in small bowl to blend.Can also be made one day ahead and cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Place pineapple in a 13x9x2 glass baking dish. Whisk brown sugar, 1/3 cup pineapple juice, cloves, and cinnamon in small bowl to blend. Pour juice mixture over pineapple. Roast until pineapple is tender and juices are brown. turning and basting pineapple with juices every 20 minutes and adding more pineapple juice by tablespoonfuls as needed to prevent burning.this takes approximately 1 hour 15-20 minutes. Can be made 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.rewarm in 375* oven for 10 minutes before continuing.
- Cut warm pineapple crosswise into 1/3" thick slices. Cut warm cake into 8 pieces. Place 1 slice of cake on each of 8 dessert plates. Spoon pineapple and juices atop each cake piece. Top with vanilla cream or creme fraiche.and serve -- .