1/1 Photo of Almond Cake With Meringue and Whipped Cream Filling
1 hr 5 mins
Elly in Canada's Note:
Crisp layers of almond-filled meringue baked on top of cake layers, then sandwiched with whipped cream and drizzled with melted chocolate!
My Private Note
3 layer ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (510 g) packaged vanilla cake mix or 1 (510 g) white cake mix
- 1/2 cup toasted ground almonds
- 4 eggs, separate yolks and reserve whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Grease and flour three 9" round cake pans.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Pour cake mix and ground almonds into a large bowl, add milk, oil and egg yolks. Beat on low speed until blended, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Divide batter between the three prepared pans. Set aside.
- 6In a bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy, continue whisking gradually adding 1 cup of sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 7Gently fold in sliced almonds.
- 8Spread mixture evenly over the cake batter in pans.
- 9Bake as directed on package, approximately 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 10Cool 20 minutes, remove from pans.
- 11Cool completely before you put the filling between the layers.
- 12Filling and decoration:.
- 13Whip cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Place one cake layer on serving plate; spread one half of the cream on cake layer. Put second layer on top, repeat the process and place third layer on top.
- 14Melt chocolate over low heat and stir in butter.
- 15Drizzle cake with chocolate mixture.
- 16Chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Cake With Meringue and Whipped Cream Filling
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 951.3
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 201.5 mg
- Sodium 518.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 66.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g