1 hr 15 mins
A Jacques Pepin recipe, I think it is one of his fast foods. This cake is made in the food processor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces almond paste
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, plus more
- unsalted butter, for greasing the pan
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons whiskey or 3 tablespoons rum or 3 tablespoons cognac
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 3Butter an 8-inch round cake pan that is 2 inches deep.
- 4Line the bottom with parchment paper and butter the paper.
- 5Put the almond paste, sugar, 1 stick of butter and the vanilla in a food processor and process for 10 seconds.
- 6Add the eggs, milk, and salt and process for 5 seconds.
- 7Add the flour and baking powder and process for 5 to 10 seconds, until smooth.
- 8Pour the cake batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- 9Let cool.
- 10THE SYRUP:.
- 11Combine the syrup ingredients in a small bowl.
- 12Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- 14Remove the cake from the pan and transfer to a serving platter.
- 15Using a spoon or pastry brush, moisten the cake with the syrup.
- 16Scatter the berries on top of the cake and around it.
- 17Spoon on the diluted apricot jam and garnish with the mint leaves.
- 18Serve with the sour cream or crème fraiche.
- 19*You can make this cake early in the day. Or make several cakes, wrap, well and freeze. Defrost, still in their wrappings, in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Cake With Fresh Berries
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.8
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 135.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g