1/4 Photos of Almond Cake from Albufeira, Portugal
1 hr 25 mins
After going to Portugal and tasting,I found this recipe.You will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
Hot Almond Syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 3Beat egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract together until smooth. Stir in melted butter.
- 4Add flour mixture and mix with spoon until nearly smooth.
- 5Turn into a buttered 9" springform pan.
- 6Bake until center of cake springs back when lightly touched, about 35 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven.
- 8While is hot, cover top with sliced almonds.
- 9Slowly pour Hot Almond Syrup even over, letting syrup soak into cake.
- 10Broil about 6" from heat until almonds are lightly toasted.
- 11Cool on rack 15 minutes.
- 12Using knife or spatula, loosen sides between pan and cake, then cool completely before releasing springform pan.
- 13Hot Almond Syrup: In 1-qt saucepan combine sugar and water.
- 14Boil until mixture reaches 220F on candy thermometer.
- 15Remove from heat and add almond extract; stir well.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Cake from Albufeira, Portugal
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 356.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 51.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g