Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Soft and spongey center and gooey syrup topping.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Beat margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, milk and honey together.
- Spoon into a 7-inch pan and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes until risen.
- FOr syrup, combine honey with lemon juice and spoon over warm cake.
- Let cool for 2 hours befor slicing.