Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is a nice cake that tastes even better if you make it a day in advance. You can garnish with the berries before you plan to serve.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Line bottom with a round of parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt.
- In a large bowl,with an electric mixer, beat together almond paste and sugar add butter and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add flour mixture, mix well.
- Pour into the springform pan, place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hr and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, remove the sides and let cake cool completely. Remove the bottom of the pan and the paper.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over cake; garnish with fresh berries.