1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a nice cake that tastes even better if you make it a day in advance. You can garnish with the berries before you plan to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) package almond paste
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- 3Line bottom with a round of parchment or wax paper.
- 4In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt.
- 5In a large bowl,with an electric mixer, beat together almond paste and sugar add butter and vanilla.
- 6Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- 7Add flour mixture, mix well.
- 8Pour into the springform pan, place pan on a baking sheet.
- 9Bake 1 hr and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, remove the sides and let cake cool completely. Remove the bottom of the pan and the paper.
- 11Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over cake; garnish with fresh berries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Cake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 156.5 mg
- Sodium 266.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g