Recipe by chia
This is a nice cake that tastes even better if you make it a day in advance. You can garnish with the berries before you plan to serve.
Top Review by Rita~
So good. I used the food processor to make this delish cake. I used only 1 cup of butter.Topped before baking with halved Italian plums,which sunk to the bottom.And topped with a Grand Marnier and powdered sugar glaze.I will make this again. This is to good to just sit in a recipe file.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) package almond paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- fresh berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Line bottom with a round of parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt.
- In a large bowl,with an electric mixer, beat together almond paste and sugar add butter and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add flour mixture, mix well.
- Pour into the springform pan, place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hr and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, remove the sides and let cake cool completely. Remove the bottom of the pan and the paper.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over cake; garnish with fresh berries.