Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sifted potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups ground blanched almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- potato starch (for dusting pan)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Alternately beat in the potato starch and orange juice.
- Add almonds and cinnamon and mix well.
- In a separate clean bowl, with clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan and dust with potato starch.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with a fruit salad.