Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Looks very pretty on a holiday cookie tray. I really enjoy these with a cup of hot tea.
Make and share this Almond Buttercups recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine crust ingredients. Chill 5-10 minutes for easier handling.
- Shape a small piece of dough into a ball and placed in an ungreased miniature cupcake pan. Coat a wooden "pusher" with flour; press into dough, forcing the dough up the sides of the mini cupcake pan (forming a shell). You can also use your fingers to press the dough into a shell in the muffin cup.
- Prepare filling: beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar and almond extract, beating until thick and ivory colored. Blend in almond paste, mixing well.
- Fill each crust with 1 teaspoon filling. Top with colored sugar, almond slices, or candied cherries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until they are a VERY light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes then remove to wire rack.