Almond Buttercrunch Candy
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, sugar and 1 cup chopped almonds. Stir constantly until mixture boils, then do not stir or shake. Heat to 300 to 310°F (149 to 154°C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads.
- Pour onto a large buttered cookie sheet. Immediately press chocolate chips onto the hot candy. As the chocolate melts, spread it into a coating over the candy.
- Sprinkle finely chopped almonds over the top; cool, and break into uneven pieces.