Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 3 cups 10x powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup almond paste, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups butter, at room temperature
- Combine sugar, egg yolks, eggs, almond paste and salt in medium size saucepan.
- Beat with electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in cream and vanilkla until blended.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 6 min.
- until mixture just starts simmering Strain into large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until chill.
- Beat in butter with electric mixer until fluffy (Icing can be made up to 1 week in advance,cover in airtight container and store in refrigerator).
- Let stand at room temperature until good spreading consistency.