Recipe by Sparkle 1874
I never bake a cake that doesn't call for some form of frosting or glaze. That is...until I tried this cake. I got it from the back of a new bundt pan that I bought. It is a great recipe to eat with berries, ice cream or a sprinkle of icing sugar.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- fresh strawberries
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Generously grease and lightly flour a bundt pan.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add remaining ingredients, except berries and confectioner's sugar.
- Blend until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes scraping bowl often.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 to 65 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and garnish with fresh berries as desired.