Recipe by spatchcock
In case you can't tell, I like almonds. You might not need all 5 cups of confectioner's sugar. Just follow your instincts. You want it spreadable, but not too thick.
Top Review by Kat
I was looking for icings, and ran across this one... I thought "almond butter"... you see, almond butter to me is a product in itself... like peanut butter. Just mashed up almonds. I wonder if you substitued almond butter in a peanut butter icing recipe what it would turn out like...
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the shortening and the butter, add the almond extract and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in the confectioner's sugar, one cup at a time.
- Add the milk alternately with the confectioner's sugar, one tbs at a time until the icing reaches the desired consistency.
- Color and decorate as you like!