In case you can't tell, I like almonds. You might not need all 5 cups of confectioner's sugar. Just follow your instincts. You want it spreadable, but not too thick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together the shortening and the butter, add the almond extract and beat until fluffy.
- 2Beat in the confectioner's sugar, one cup at a time.
- 3Add the milk alternately with the confectioner's sugar, one tbs at a time until the icing reaches the desired consistency.
- 4Color and decorate as you like!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Butter Icing
Serving Size: 1 (1107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1458.4
- Calories from Fat 882
- Total Fat 98.0 g
- Saturated Fat 42.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.4 mg
- Sodium 336.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 147.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g