Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
You can use raw almonds or for enhanced flavor bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes @ 300 degrees prior to processing.
Top Review by momofM&M
My family and I LOVE this almond butter. We've been making it for over a year now...a couple times each month. I always roast the almonds. I also use grapeseed oil instead of vegetable and always add a bit of honey. Our favorite way to eat it is right out of the food processor when it's still warm. YUM!
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unrefined vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the almonds and salt in a food processor until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the oil and continue processing until the almond butter reaches your desired degree of smoothness, adding more oil if necessary.
- For chunky butter, stir in 1/4 cup chopped almonds.
- Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.