Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These were my favorites for Christmas--thin and crisp and buttery. Made them for a cookie swap many years ago.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Cut in butter.
- Press dough together.
- Shape into small balls and roll in almonds.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart and press with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
- Cool slightly and remove to wire rack.