Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I adapted these from a non-vegan peanut butter cookie recipe. These were so easy to make and the flavor is amazing. You can make a double or triple batch and freeze some. Note: They are sweet so you might want to cut back a bit on the sugar unless you prefer them this way.
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup roasted almond butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons egg substitute (I used Ener-G)
- 2 tablespoons warm water (mix with the egg replacer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the egg replacer and warm water together. I used luke warm water.
- In a large bowl add the nut butter and sugar and egg replacer. Mix well.
- Form into a large ball and pull off about one inch size pieces and form into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- I used a floured fork and made the cross hatch marks on the cookies.
- I baked them for about 10 minutes.
- Be careful to let them cool for about 10 minutes as the cookies are very soft and will crumble when hot.
- Then cool on a wire rack and eat.
- Bon Appetit!