Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe can be made with any kind of nut butter. It's not very sweet - peanut butter cookies usually are made with 1 cup pb and 1 cup sugar, so this is only half the amount of sugar. You can add raisins, chocolate chips, craisins, nuts.... whatever floats your boat! For the gluten free flour you can use 1 cup of any gf flour mix. Usually I use rice flour and tapioca starch.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, molten
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 320 F (160 C).
- Cream molten butter and almond butter.
- Stir in egg and sugar, add vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder and mix into wet ingredients.
- Knead until well combined and smooth.
- Drop teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheet, flatten with a fork and bake for about 15 minutes.