Recipe by b_dazzld
Actual almond butter cookies, like peanut butter but with almonds. Mmm! Try with cashew butter also, but don't add the almond extract for those!
Top Review by Carroll L.
I made this cookie today. I didn't have almond extract, so used a little extra vanilla extract. Loved this cookie and can't wait to try it with the almond extract! I need yo stop eating them now. I had to call my step son and promise to bring him some so I wouldn't eat them all! They are delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add almond butter, almond and vanilla extract and egg, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients together with a fork or wire whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well.
- Scoop dough with a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop.
- Place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets lightly sprayed with Pam.
- Dip fork in 1/8 cup sugar and flatten dough with a criss-cross pattern.
- Lightly sprinkle sugar on the cookies.
- Bake at 375°F for 6-9 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for one minute.
- Put cookies on wire racks to cool completely before putting in a cookie jar.