Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Need to bring cookies to a pot luck were one girl could not have flour and one could not have peanuts. Tweeked an old recipe to fit everyones needs. Hope you like it.
- Preheat oven to 350* and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together almond butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add beaten egg and baking soda to almond butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in sugar then place on cookie sheet.
- Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet and either leave as little balls (which is how we like them) or flatten with tines of fork making a cross pattern.
- Bake until slightly puffed and a golden pale, about 10 minutes, careful not to over cook.
- Cool cookies on parchment paper about 2 minutes and then transfer with spatula to rack to cool at least 10 more minutes.
Perfect for low-carb dieters! These were good but very sweet. I think next time I would use 3/4 cup of sugar blend. I did use the Splenda brown sugar blend like some other reviewers. I also got 15 good size cookies out of the batch. Mine must have been bigger because they took a few minutes longer to cook. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag
These cookies were really nice on the inside with a great crunch to them and such a yummy nutty flavour! Mmm, the almond butter really gave them a wonderful taste! I made my own nut butter using almonds, pecans, cashew nuts and walnuts. YUM!
I think this concept is brilliant for sugar conscious people, however the German sugar sub I used didnt work out that well. It kinda left a funny cold feeling on my tongue. I think using this particular sub rolling the cookies in sugar isnt the best idea. The inside was great, so next time Ill just skip the rolling step.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this lovely idea here with us, Debbie!
Made and reviewed for PRMR Tag Game January 2011.
I just love flourless nut butter cookies and these were no exception. I used Splenda Brown Blend, as that is what I keep on hand, with perfect results. These are light in texture, soft and moist. It's really hard not to keep grabbing "just one more"! I got 24 lovely cookies and a huge grin.