Recipe by Debbwl
Need to bring cookies to a pot luck were one girl could not have flour and one could not have peanuts. Tweeked an old recipe to fit everyones needs. Hope you like it.
Top Review by Nasseh
Perfect for low-carb dieters! These were good but very sweet. I think next time I would use 3/4 cup of sugar blend. I did use the Splenda brown sugar blend like some other reviewers. I also got 15 good size cookies out of the batch. Mine must have been bigger because they took a few minutes longer to cook. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking, for rolling cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350* and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together almond butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add beaten egg and baking soda to almond butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in sugar then place on cookie sheet.
- Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet and either leave as little balls (which is how we like them) or flatten with tines of fork making a cross pattern.
- Bake until slightly puffed and a golden pale, about 10 minutes, careful not to over cook.
- Cool cookies on parchment paper about 2 minutes and then transfer with spatula to rack to cool at least 10 more minutes.