Need to bring cookies to a pot luck were one girl could not have flour and one could not have peanuts. Tweeked an old recipe to fit everyones needs. Hope you like it.
- Preheat oven to 350* and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together almond butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add beaten egg and baking soda to almond butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in sugar then place on cookie sheet.
- Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet and either leave as little balls (which is how we like them) or flatten with tines of fork making a cross pattern.
- Bake until slightly puffed and a golden pale, about 10 minutes, careful not to over cook.
- Cool cookies on parchment paper about 2 minutes and then transfer with spatula to rack to cool at least 10 more minutes.