Recipe by Nancy Van Ess
Originally from "1001 Cookie Recipes"
Top Review by Hey, Good Cookin'!
I ended up making two different almond butter cookies today; and between the two, this one was the tastiest. Nice and crisp and buttery! I didn't have lemon extract, so I used a teaspoon each of vanilla and almond extract. However, comparatively, the other recipe was easier. Truth be told, if I wasn't comparing, I would have given this recipe 5 stars. Thank you Nancy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70 whole blanched almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks and the extracts.
- Blend in the dry ingredients.
- Break off walnut-sized pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Place 1 1/2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press an almond into the center of each cookie flattening them slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.