Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Crispy, and oh so buttery! I have even added tiny chocolate chips to the batter. These cookies are delicious! Plan ahead, the dough needs to sit in the fridge for minumum 3 hours before baking.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (no subs please!)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- sugar, for rolling
- In a bowl cream together the butter, oil, sugars and extract until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg; beat well to combine.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 or more hours.
- Shape into small balls.
- Roll the balls in sugar to coat well.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a slightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Crsipy and buttery is correct! These are quite the tasty cookie. Rich and satisifying. The only thing I would change is to up the almond extract, I could barely discern it, but that di NOT make me love these cookies any less. My dough actually sat in the refrigerator for 2 days and was still wonderful. A surefire repeat!