Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This oatmeal is so good. If you wanted you could add chocolate chips
Make and share this Almond Butter Cinnamon Vanilla Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Using a medium sized saucepan on high heat place oats,milk vanilla and cinnamon.
- Let come to a boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until the oats look cooked and add the almond butter.
- stir together and enjoy.
I really liked this, though I have to admit the almond butter I used is quite unusual (by Fiasconaro - an Italian product Whole Foods carries). It is so flavorful and delicious, I did not want to distract from it by adding vanilla or cinnamon. It has it's own "vanilla" in it (which is more like almond extract in flavor). It is also sweetened, so if I were using the regular kind of almond butter, I think I would have wanted to add jam or something else to sweeten it up. I thought this was just the right amount for one person.
This oatmeal is sooo creamy, thick and delicious, I felt quite naughty having it for breakfast. ;) The almond butter comes through very nicely and makes this special. I made half the recipe for just myself using rolled spelt, the water option and home-made almond butter with vanilla. It turned out so great! YUM!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, nortocbaking 101!
Made and reviewed for one of my chefs during PAC Spring 2012.