1/1 Photo of Almond Butter Cake
A small simple cake with a slight almond toasted almond taste. Really out of this world. You can substitute almond extract for 3/4 of the vanilla if a stronger almond taste is desired. This cake employs an unusual mixing method that ensures good results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/3 cup finely ground sliced unblanched toasted almond
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to a cool room temperature
- 1Combine eggs, extract and 1/4 of the sour cream in a small bowl.
- 2Cut butter into chunks.
- 3Put remaining sour cream in another small bowl.
- 4allow all ingredients to come to room temperature while you prepare a 9" springform pan, line bottom with parchment, grease and flour.
- 5You can use a 9x2" round pan as well, but it will be a bit more difficult to unmold the cake.
- 6Toast almonds in a 350 degree F oven for 7-8 minutes, cool then grind fine, (I use a bag and rolling pin)-- if using dry measuring cups be sure to grind first then measure.
- 7Sift all dry ingredients into the workbowl of your mixer and mix on low speed for 30 seconds to combine.
- 8Add softened butter and sour cream, mix on low to combine, scrape bowl, beat on medium (med-high for a hand mixer) for 90 seconds.
- 9This will aerate the cake and give it structure.
- 10Scrape the bowl down and in two additions add the egg mixture, beating for 20 seconds after each addition.
- 11Scrape the bowl one last time and give it a couple pulses.
- 12Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, (rotate pan 180 degrees after 25 mins) a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean and the top of the cake will spring back when lightly pressed.
- 13Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes, remove sides of pan and allow to cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- 14Cake can be sliced and filled with chocolate ganache and/or frosted with any butter cream.
- 15It's delicous slightly warm with just a dusting of powdered sugar too!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.5
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 277.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g