Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A classic butter cake with a crunchy almond topping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, granulated
- 2 teaspoons sugar, granulated (reserved for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add melted butter to sugar.
- Stir in eggs and extract.
- Add flour until well blended.
- Pour into greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Srinkle reserved 2 teaspoons of sugar and sliced almonds evenly over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- NOTE: REMOVE after 40 minutes. A toothpick will NOT come out clean!
Absolutely the best dessert out there! Thank you Tia Mouse for such a fabulous dessert.
Thanks Tia for a great tasting treat to go with my coffee! This is more of a bar rather than a fluffy cake, but it is not too sweet and gooey and this is the way I like it. My husband had no trouble "forcing it down" either! The baking time was right on and the almonds and sugar make a perfect topping. This could be made with other extracts and other nuts as well. Thanks, Tia this is what my husband calls a "doer again". Carole in Orlando