- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, granulated
- 2 teaspoons sugar, granulated (reserved for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add melted butter to sugar.
- Stir in eggs and extract.
- Add flour until well blended.
- Pour into greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Srinkle reserved 2 teaspoons of sugar and sliced almonds evenly over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- NOTE: REMOVE after 40 minutes. A toothpick will NOT come out clean!