1/1 Photo of Almond Butter Buckeyes
This buttery and nutty chocolate confection was inspired by the nuts that fall from Ohio's famous buckeye trees. Come holiday time, they are produced (and consumed) in mass quantities in "The Buckeye State," as well as in neighboring states throughout the Midwest. Note: You may substitute peanut or cashew butter for almond butter; omit almond extract if you use a substitution.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups almond butter
- 3 tablespoons dark rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 3/4-4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2In large bowl, combine butter, almond butter, rum, almond extract and confectioners’ sugar using electric mixer.
- 3Dough will be smooth and firm.
- 4Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm; about 30 minutes.
- 6Melt chocolate in shallow, microwave-safe dish.
- 7Heat 30 seconds; stir; then continue in 10-second intervals, stirring after each cook time.
- 8Chocolate should be melted and smooth.
- 9To dip balls, insert a toothpick about 1/2 inch into the ball, dip into melted chocolate leaving a small circle of dough visible at the top, and place on parchment paper to dry until chocolate is firm.
- 10Repeat with remaining candies.
- 11Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Butter Buckeyes
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.6
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 57.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g