Based on a recipe from Jennifer Cornbleet's book, Raw Food Made Easy. Jennifer says, "You can purchase raw almond butter at most natural food stores, but homemade is more economical." To make this you will need a one-cup measure, a food processor with an "S" blade, and a rubber spatula.
- 1 cup raw almonds, unsoaked
- 1 dash salt (I use table grind high quality sea salt)
- Fit a food processor with the "S" blade and add almonds and salt.
- Process for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the almonds are ground into a paste. As needed, occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- This will keep up to three months stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.