Recipe by rsarahl
Great veggie burger. I like serving these guys in a pita (because the patties are delicate and tend to break... but in a pita pocket, it's all good! You know!) with lettuce, cucumber and raita or chutney.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
Easy to make, filling and taste good. They do tend to be a bit friable so make sure you use a really good non-stick pan or bake them. Used these as patties for vegetarian burgers.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 onion, diced fine
- 1 carrot, diced fine
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the almonds, tahini, onion and carrot in a bowl.
- Stir in half the tamari and half of the lemon juice.
- If mixture seems dry, add up to the remaining half of each ingredient until the mixture holds together in patty form, but is not sloppy.
- (NOTE: you can add additional ground almond if the mixture gets too wet... but it's easier to control things with the liquid.) Form 6 patties and fry in a little oil or broil until golden brown and a bit crispy.
- Serve on a roll or in a pita pocket with your favorite condiments.