Recipe by pansies
Found this on the 'net a number of years ago but haven't tried it yet. Number of servings is my guess.
- 3⁄4 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour, unsifted
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds, about 1 oz
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, almonds, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large glass measuring cup, stir the egg yolks and oil into the milk and blend with a fork. Add to the flour and stir until just moistened.
- In a clean medium size bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer set on high speed until they are stiff but not dry; gently fold them into the batter.
- Lightly coat a 12-inch non-stick skillet with the cooking spray and set over moderate heat. When the skillet is hot, cook the pancakes four at a time, using 1/4 cup batter for each. Cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on one side or until bubbles form on top of the pancakes; turn, then cook about 1 minute longer until brown.