Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
- In saucepan, bring butter, sugar and water just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add 6 oz of chocolate chip morsels and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Place chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chip morsels and the chopped almonds.
- Spread into a 9 inch square baking pan and bake for 30 minutes in a 325 degree oven.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Super easy to make. Have to admit I'm more used to walnuts but it still tastes good. Thanks!