Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email from the www.allrecipes.com website: "This is a nice way to use up leftover brownie or chocolate cake. It's a spin on bread pudding, and something thrown together one day." SUBMITTED BY: DAUGHTERSOFDECEMBER
- 4 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 2 cups brownies, cubed (or leftover chocolate cake)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, chopped, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Do not overheat or chocolate will scorch. Set aside.
- Place brownie chunks into prepared baking dish.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Whisk in melted chocolate, milk, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and half of the almonds.
- Pour milk mixture over brownie cubes and sprinkle with the remaining almonds.
- Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.