Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is an adaption/ homemade recipe. They are really good.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped almonds
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almond paste
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat shortening and chocolate in a 3 quart saucepan, until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, in this order : flour, sugar,almond paste, almonds,eggs, baking powder, and salt.
- Spread into a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Bake until brownies start to pull away from sides of pan . After 20 minutes, you need to check every 2 minutes. It should not be longer than 30 minutes.
- Do not overbake.
- When done take them out and let cool for 6-8 minute.
- Cut into 2x1 bars.
Great tasting brownies using paste instead of the almond extract in other recipes. The paste really brings out the intensite of almond much much more. I will cut back on the salt to 1 teaspoon in the future.
Some people jog every morning. Me...I eat brownies. Made for PRMR.
Great brownies! Very easy to make and soooooo tasty! Loved the combination of chocolate and almonds. Nice change of pace from regular brownies. Will definitely make these again. Made for the winner of 1~2~3 Hits It's Not Easy Being Green ~ March 2010.