Recipe by weekend cooker
this is an adaption/ homemade recipe. They are really good.
Top Review by CoffeeB
Great tasting brownies using paste instead of the almond extract in other recipes. The paste really brings out the intensite of almond much much more. I will cut back on the salt to 1 teaspoon in the future.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped almonds
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almond paste
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat shortening and chocolate in a 3 quart saucepan, until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, in this order : flour, sugar,almond paste, almonds,eggs, baking powder, and salt.
- Spread into a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Bake until brownies start to pull away from sides of pan . After 20 minutes, you need to check every 2 minutes. It should not be longer than 30 minutes.
- Do not overbake.
- When done take them out and let cool for 6-8 minute.
- Cut into 2x1 bars.