Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good side for chicken.
Make and share this Almond Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons light margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low sodium poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked in chicken stock
- In a large skillet, over med-high heat, cook almonds until browned.
- Add onion, celery, poultry seasoning, thyme & pepper; cook till veg. is tender crisp.
- Stir in cooked rice and cook 2 more minutes to combine flavours; Serve.
- *Optional: preheat oven to 375F and put rice mix into a baking dish, cover and bake for about 15 minutes.
It was good even without the onions ( i didn't have any). I will be making it again
I made this to go with some oven baked chicken I was making. It was a great change from stuffing and we really liked it! I left out the almonds.