Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice change from the peanut.
Make and share this Almond Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- Mix baking soda, water and vanilla. Set aside.
- Mix sugar, 1/2 cup water and corn syrup in a copper constant stir kettle.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches 240* on a candy thermometer.
- Add butter and almonds.
- Cook until it reaches 290* on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately turn off heat.
- Quickly stir in baking soda mixture until light and foamy.
- Pour onto a greased half sheet baking pan, roll out with a marble rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cool completely: at least 1 hour.
- Break into pieces, store in an air tight container.
- This makes about 3.25 lbs. of brittle.