Kat's Mom's Note:
This coffee cake sounds delicious! Elegant enough for company and casual enough to treat your family. Found printed inside a box of Land O Lakes unsalted butter. Times do not include allowing for cake to cool before glazing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (divided 2tbl + 2tbl)
- 1/4 cup almond toffee bits (divided 2tbl + 2tbl)
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Grease & flour a 9" round cake pan; set aside.
- 3Combine sugar, butter, eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- 5Add flour, sour cream, baking powder, baking soda,and salt; mix well.
- 6Spread half of the batter in the prepared cake pan.
- 7Sprinkle 2 tablespoons almonds and 2 tablespoons toffee bits over batter.
- 8Layer on the remaining batter.
- 9Sprinkle remaining almonds and toffee bits over batter.
- 10Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 11Cool completely.
- 12TO GLAZE:
- 13Stir together the powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk in a small bowl.
- 14Drizzle over the cooled cake.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Brickle Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 219.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
almond toffee bits