Recipe by Kat's Mom
This coffee cake sounds delicious! Elegant enough for company and casual enough to treat your family. Found printed inside a box of Land O Lakes unsalted butter. Times do not include allowing for cake to cool before glazing.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds (divided 2tbl + 2tbl)
- 1⁄4 cup almond toffee bits (divided 2tbl + 2tbl)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease & flour a 9" round cake pan; set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add flour, sour cream, baking powder, baking soda,and salt; mix well.
- Spread half of the batter in the prepared cake pan.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons almonds and 2 tablespoons toffee bits over batter.
- Layer on the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle remaining almonds and toffee bits over batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- TO GLAZE:
- Stir together the powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake.