Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family favourite coffee cake, I am always asked to bring it for Chrismas breakfast or family brunches. I also make it every year for a charity Bake Sale, it is easy, sells quickly and has been requested by people that have previously purchased it. The apricot and toffee bits combine to make a moist coffee cake that looks as good as it tastes.
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml almond extract
- 354.88 ml flour
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- 59.14 ml chopped dried apricot
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 59.14 ml toffee pieces
- 59.14 ml icing sugar
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 4.92-9.85 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9-inch round cake pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, eggs and almond extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add flour, sour cream, baking powder & soda and salt. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Spread half the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle all the chopped apricots over batter.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons toasted almonds and 2 tablespoons toffee bits over apricots.
- Spread remaining batter over filling then sprinkle with remaining almonds and toffee bits.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Stir together glaze ingredients in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled coffee cake.
Amazed that someone has not tried this cake because it is wonderful. No changes needed.