Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice bread to have in the morning.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup almond paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk.
- Add almond paste and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- At low speed, mix in flour just until well combined.
- Press into ungreased 8x8-inch pan.
- Beat egg white until frothy, brush over top of bread, sprinkle with almonds and bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.