Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A moist, easy bread that we enjoy with our morning coffee. It freezes well.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Combine all ingredients, except almonds, in a large bowl; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Sprinkle each loaf with 1/4 cup almonds.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until test done with toothpick.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
This bread is perfection! :) Quick, really easy to put together and the flavor is great! My kids really liked it and I took some to my mom at work, she loved it too! I wouldnt change a thing and will make this again for sure! Thank you!
This is good. Although it is more of a cake! The batter is like cake mix from betty crocker, really runny. We used 1 cup whole wheat and 2 cups all purpose flour. Very sweet. Definetly more of a dessert.
Very good. Everyone who has tried it loves it. This is now in my "keeper" recipe book for things that I make often. Thanks for sharing.