Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond, chopped
- Add sugar to the beaten eggs and beat until very thick.
- Add sifted flour with the baking powder.
- Blend in the chopped almonds and mix well.
- Place in a greased loaf pan and bake 45 minutes in a preheated moderate oven (375º).
- Frost with a powdered-sugar glaze if so desired.
This bread sounds so good! I made it for Thanksgiving and it turned out very dry even with the powdered sugar glaze. I made it again last night and I put some applesause in it and it was still dry. Is this supposed to be dry? Are there variations to this recipe?