1/5 Photos of Almond Bread (Cookie/Biscotti)
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From Diabetes Australia The Ultimate Diabetes Cookbook in response to a request for sweet treats with nuts. Times are estimated and have not included standing time of 3 to 4 days. The name Almond Bread is a bit of a misnomer so have changed the title 30/4/2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- 2Lightly oil a small loaf tin.
- 3Beat the egg whites until stiff, gradually add the sugar and vanilla essence and continue beating until all is incorporated.
- 4Fold in flour and almonds (or pecans if using).
- 5Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- 6Cool, wrap in foil and allow to stand for 3 to 4 days.
- 7Slice the loaf very thinly with a electric knife.
- 8Place the slices on a baking tray and dry out in an oven preheated to 150 degree C for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Bread (Cookie/Biscotti)
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.9
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g