1/1 Photo of Almond Bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites until very stiff.
- 2Gradually add sugar and beat until of meringue consistency.
- 3Fold in flour and whole almonds.
- 4Put in lightly greased, lined loaf tin.
- 5Bake in a 325 degrees oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- 6Leave in tin until completely cold.
- 7Take out of tin and wrap in foil and store in refrigerator for one or two days.
- 8With a very sharp knife cut loaf into wafer thin slices.
- 9Place on cookie sheets and put in slow oven (250 degrees) for about 45 minutes, until dried out. Cool and store in airtight container.
- 10Will keep for 3 or 4 months.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Bread
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g