Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, about 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer.
- Add egg and beat to incorporate.
- Add milk, almond extract, and lemon zest.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the almonds, then the blueberries.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using two small spoons, dollop mix onto cookie sheets.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
Tasty cookie. I used a whole egg and I didn't toast my almonds (I'm lazy LOL). I made mine small so I got about 64 bite sized cookies. They bake up fluffy-almost muffintop like. The almonds give a nice little crunch. Even though they were smaller they still took almost 15 minutes to bake. They are a nice little treat!