Recipe by Erin K. Brown
These are SO moist and very sweet. I recommend cutting them into very small, bite-sized squares. This is a recipe adapted from Woman’s Day Specials Halloween Celebrations Woman’s Day Select Series Vol XIV, No. 2, 2004 (pg. 54, Scaredy Cats)
- 6 tablespoons butter (not spread) or 6 tablespoons margarine (not spread)
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line a 9-in square baking pan with foil. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over very low heat, stir butter and white chocolate chips until melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar until blended.
- Whisk in eggs and extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.