Recipe by **Jubes**
These are a version of a traditional Greek almond biscuit. They contain no flour at all. The mixture will make approx 25 biscuits
- 3 cups almond meal
- 3 drops almond essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the almond meal, sugar and essence in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the egg whites and stir until the mixture forms a paste. It's best if you don't overmix at this point.
- Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into the flaked almonds. Then roll into a log 6-8cm long.
- Shape the roll into a crescent shape and place onto paper lined biscuit tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius for approx 15 minutes.
- Cool the biscuits on the tray. They will set as they cool.Enjoy!