Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
These are a delicious biscotti, the recipe was passed on to me , the recipe comes from a bakery.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- 3 cups whole almonds (skin on)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put brown sugar, sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, butter, and almonds in a large mixing bowl; with mixer on low speed, add beaten eggs and vanilla; mix until dough just holds together.
- Put dough on a floured surface, cut in half; roll each piece into a log; place on parchment-lined cookie sheet; flatten each log slightly with plam of hand, lightly brush the top of each log with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm to touch, remove from oven; cut dough diagonally into biscotti, lay down on cookie sheet and toast in a 325 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until toasted.
The whole almonds were too plentiful for this recipe. When cutting the slices fell apart. Taste was good but not what I was looking for.