Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a copycat recipe from Starbucks. They come out nice and crispy. Will last a long time if kept out of refridgerator. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped almonds or 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, sugar, nuts and baking powder and pinch of salt either in the food processor or mixer, or even by hand.
- Whisk eggs and extracts in another bowl until well beaten.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and process or beat just until combined. Mixture will be sticky and thick.
- Grease or spray a cookie sheet.
- Divide dough into two parts and transfer to cookie sheet. With floured hands, shape into 8" long, 1/2" high loaves. If desired, sprinkle with a bit more of granulated or raw sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until pale golden and center of loaf is firm when touched. Remove from cookie sheet and cool.
- Place on cutting board and cut into 1/2" thick slices on the diagonal.
- Arrange cookies cut side down on same sheet. Bake another 12-18 minutes, until cookies are turning golden but still a bit soft.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.
Very Nice Biscotti! At first I thought the amount of almond extract would make this overpowering but no-it is just right with a perfect almond scent and flavor. Recipe came together fast and the results-very nice! Thanks for Posting!