Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
This Recipe was posted in the Calgary Sun Newspaper Dec 16th 1999. I have made it almost every Christmas since as gifts to my favorite people! It is loads of work but worth it as they are the best Biscotti I have made
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup whole unblanched almond
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Combine flour, baking powder and almonds.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract, and grated orange rind; stir into flour mixture until soft, sticky dough forms. Transfer to lightly floured surface; form a smooth ball.
- Divide dough in half; roll each into 12 inch long log. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with egg white; bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan on rack for 5 minutes. Transfer each log to cutting board. Cut diagonally into 3/4 inch slices.
- Stand cookies upright on baking sheet; bake for 20-25 minutes longer until golden. Transfer to rack and let cool. makes about 24 cookies.
- I like to dip my finished biscotti into very good chocolate or white chocolate as a special treat.
- Biscotti can be stored in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- This was originally submitted to the Calgary Sun by Canadian Living Cooks Step by Step by Daphna Rabinovitch.