Recipe by mandagirl
A dense, yet crisp cookie with a wonderful almond flavor
Top Review by McGregor Lass
I have been looking for a recipe like this for a LONG time.The almond flavor was fantastic. I drizzled some chocolate on the tops and that added a nice touch. Thank you so much Mandagirl for sharing this recipe. — Feb 20, 2006
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup lt. olive oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond filling (SOLO)
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, oil and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Add almond filling and almond extract and blend well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in almonds.
- Divide dought in half and shape each half into a log.
- Place logs on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove logs from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees.
- Slice logs into cookie slices with a sharp knife.
- Place cookies back on cookie sheets, leaving spaces between cookies.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes more.
- Cool on wire racks.