Recipe by KathyP53
I made this for for weekend guests. It is a great summery coffee cake. Very pretty to cut! It's from Martha Stewart.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup blackberry jam
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make topping: Whisk 1 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and almonds in a medium bowl. Using fingers, work in 1/2 cup butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs ranging in size from small peas to marbles. Sprinkle with almond extract; toss to combine.
- Make cake: Use cooking spray to coat a 10" tube pan with a removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoons salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Fold raspberries into jam in a small bowl.
- Put 3/4 cup butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest into bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle. Mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Reduce speed to medium. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Mix in vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Mix in half of reserved flour mixture, followed by sour cream. Add remiaining flour mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon HALF of batter into prepared pan. Mounf berry mixture in a ring in center of batter. Top with remaining batter. Using a small offset spatula, smooth top. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes.
- Let cool slight on a wire rack, 10-15 minutes. Run a knife around edges of pan to loosen,. Pull up on tube to lift cake from pan. Let cool on rack for 15 minutes. Invert cake on a baking sheet, remove tube portion, then re-invert cake onto rack to cool completely.