Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Food & Wine 1998.
- 2 cups almond flour (7 ounces)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease eight shallow 4 1/2 -inch ramekins or foil tart pans. Set them on 2 baking sheets.
- In a bowl, sift the almond flour with the confectioners' sugar and all-purpose flour.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. On low speed, gradually beat in half of the dry ingredients.
- Beat in 1 egg, then beat in one-fifth of the remaining dry ingredients; repeat until all the eggs and dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the rum and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon the batter into the prepared ramekins, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the berries on top.
- Bake the cakes in the upper and lower thirds of the oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden and firm.
- Let the cakes cool slightly. Unmold and serve warm or at room temperature.