Recipe by English_Rose
A tasty Italian-style nibble, and any leftover pesto will keep in the fridge for a week for serving over pasta.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 ounces whole almonds, toasted
- 1 ounce basil, stems removed
- 1 ounce flat leaf parsley, stems removed
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the tomatoes in a food processor and blend. Add the remaining ingredients except the oil.
- Add some seasoning and start to purée. while it's whizzing, pour in enough olive oil to make a dipping consistency.
- This is best made with a bit of texture to it, so don't grind the nuts too finely. Taste for salt.
- Serve with red and white endive leaves and grissini breadsticks, or you can use any crudités you like.